Strategic Plan 2015-2020
The Portland Development Commission (PDC) has updated its Strategic Plan to guide the agency’s priorities, work plan and investments over the next five years. The Plan relied on robust public participation under the guidance of Mayor Charlie Hales, the PDC Board and a 20-member steering committee. It was shared with Portland City Council and subsequently adopted by the PDC Board in May 2015. The Plan is intended to spur collaboration and partnership among public, private and community partners.
The goal of the Plan is to achieve widely shared prosperity among all residents of Portland using PDC’s tools for job creation, place-making, and economic opportunity.
This Plan directs PDC’s efforts and investments toward five complementary objectives designed to achieve a dramatic increase in Portland households with an income sufficient to meet their basic needs:
- Strengthen Portland’s communities by striving to build and increase access to healthy, complete neighborhoods throughout Portland.
- Leverage and maintain Portland’s economic competitiveness and create access to high quality employment.
- Increase equitable opportunities to foster wealth creation within communities of color and low-income neighborhoods.
- Align efforts by forming 21st century civic networks, institutions, and partnerships.
- Model the values of this plan and maintain PDC’s ability to be an agent of positive change in the city of Portland by operating an equitable, innovative, and financially sustainable agency.
If you have questions, please email us at StrategicPlan@pdc.us. Staff are available to come to your organization to present and discuss the Strategic Plan.
Strategic Plan Steering Committee