Applications for the Startup PDX Challenge are due September 30.
Here are 4 EASY STEPS to get you closer to the prize:
- Read through the entire Startup PDX Challenge webpage to better understand what we are looking for and what the prize package entails, and be prepared to tell us why this program is a good fit for you.
- Make sure your company pitch is clear and concise in 50 characters or less.
- Be prepared to tell us more about your company story, your co-founders, your product and/or service, the market for your product and/or service, and your path to growth. We do not ask for a business plan or pitch deck, but it is always a good idea to have one or both.
- If you have questions, sign up for office hours or shoot us an email.
If you want to think ahead, here are some things to prepare for if you make it to the semi-finals:
- The “Public Vote” where you’ll get the chance to build your following. This can be through social media, website, or videos about your company or product.
- In-person interview with our expert panel with a 5 minute pitch about your company. We also found this article helpful in preparing for an interview.
- While we don’t require a pitch deck, we highly recommend you build a simple one to share at interviews. We find this article a helpful resource for building a pitch deck. It’s also a great way to think through how to fill out your application.