What Drives Us
Throughout its history, the Portland Development Commission has brought public and private resources together to address what matters to Portland residents and businesses, from place-making and quality of life to job creation and economic opportunity.
As Portland’s urban renewal and economic development agency, PDC is pursuing a strategy to make Portland one of the most globally competitive, equitable, and healthy cities in the world.
To that end, PDC’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan, adopted by the Board in 2015, directs our efforts and investments toward five objectives designed to achieve more widely shared prosperity among all residents of Portland.
- Create Healthy, Complete Neighborhoods throughout Portland
- Create Access to High Quality Employment for Portland Residents
- Foster Wealth Creation within Communities of Color and Low-Income Neighborhoods
- Form 21st Century Civic Networks, Institutions, and Partnerships
- Operate an Equitable, Innovative, and Financially Sustainable Agency