On May 7, 2014, Portland City Council through Resolution No. 37072 directed the Portland Development Commission (PDC) and City of Portland staff to begin processing amendments to six urban renewal areas (URAs). If approved, the amendments would:
- Reduce the impact of urban renewal on taxing jurisdictions;
- Provide resources to meet economic development, redevelopment, and affordable housing goals;
- Support Portland State University.
City Council is expected to take action on the proposed amendments on March 25, 2015. Until then, there are a number of ways to learn more about this initiative. This webpage has background materials, maps, presentations, and also lists the dates of meetings that are open to the general public.
A stakeholder advisory committee has been created (see list below) to advise PDC and the City on the proposed amendments.The committee has the following meetings scheduled to discuss the proposed amendments; these meetings are open to the general public.
- Thursday June 26, 3 – 5 PM
- Thursday, July 17, 3 – 5 PM
- Thursday, August 21, 3 – 5 PM
- Thursday, September 18, 3 – 5 PM
- Friday, October 31, 9 – 11 AM
In addition, there was a public open house on Thursday, September 11 from 4 – 6 PM in Room 2500, 1900 SW Fourth Avenue, Portland.
Stakeholder Advisory Committee
Other Important Dates:
- September 9, 2014 – Portland Planning & Sustainability Commission briefing
- December 9, 2014 – Portland Planning & Sustainability Commission hearing
- December 11, 2014 – PDC Board of Commissioners hearing on proposed URA amendments
- December 17, 2014 – City Council meeting on proposed URA amendments
- January 14, 2015 – PDC Board of Commissioners hearing on proposed URA amendments
- February 26, 2015 – City Council first reading on proposed URA amendments
- March 25, 2015 – City Council second reading on proposed URA amendments
Amendments & Reports
If you have any questions about the URA amendments, please contact:
Portland Development Commission
email or 503-823-4579