Development Opportunity Services (DOS) Program
PDC's Development Opportunity Services (DOS) Program can share the cost of exploring the feasibility of expanding a business or redeveloping an under-utilized site or building:
- For business owners the DOS program can help evaluate opportunities for business growth through expansion, better space utilization, relocation, or purchasing a building;
- For long-time property owners, DOS can help explore development options and provide technical assistance;
- For developers, DOS can assist when the site is more complex, the economics are challenging, or the area is prioritized for investment by PDC.
PDC’s DOS program can reimburse 80 percent of approved pre-development costs, up to a maximum of $12,000.
PDC is proud of our work to grow cluster industries and create greater equity in Portland. The City of Portland focuses on four industry clusters – Advanced Manufacturing, Athletic and Outdoor, Clean Tech, and Software – as leading economic development engines for growing the economy and creating jobs in the Portland metropolitan region. We are committed to strategically focusing our grant program investments to:
- Grow our economy through cluster business assistance; and
- Address equity gaps through neighborhood business growth and alignment and coordination of resources to support neighborhood economic development.
Note: As of January 1, 2014, PDC has committed the current grant funding allocation in the Interstate Corridor URA budget for FY13-14. Businesses and property owners seeking grant assistance will be put on a waiting list until grant programs are reopened, and should continue to work with PDC staff. Our anticipated date to accept new applications is April 1, 2014.